Getting to Adelaide is easy with both domestic and international flights arriving here.
- Adelaide Airport (ADL) is 7km (4.5mi) from the city and services domestic and international arrivals
- Hire cars, ride shares and a shuttle service are available from the airport
Adelaide is an easy city to get around, and while you can hire a car for your stay, it’s not necessary. The city has a great range of public transport options, and walking around the city will let you seek out hidden gems. For tips to get around Adelaide, pleae see below.
Adelaide has a tram service that operates through the city centre and inner suburbs. It’s most convenient for travel within the city and reaching the popular coastal suburb of Glenelg. The service runs every 10-15 minutes from around 7am to midnight.
- The tram is free to use in Adelaide city centre between Entertainment Centre Station and South Terrace Station.
- The closest tram stop to the Centre is located right in front of the historic Adelaide Railway Station, which is just a two minute walk from the Centre.
Adelaide’s rail network is a great way to visit attractions outside of the city centre. From Adelaide Railway Station, you can catch the Outer Harbor train to reach destinations such as historic Port Adelaide and the beachside suburb of Semaphore. Plan your journey via with Adelaide Metro.
Adelaide has a free City Connector bus service that operates in both clockwise and anticlockwise directions in the city centre.
- Use 98 City Connector buses to travel between Adelaide’s downtown hotels and attractions such as the South Australian Museum, Adelaide Botanic Garden, Adelaide Zoo and Adelaide Oval.
Adelaide is served by three major taxi companies: Independent taxis, Suburban taxis and 13cabs (Yellow Cabs).
Most major ridesharing platforms operate in Adelaide, including Uber, Ola and DiDi, as well as local operator GoCatch.
The City of Adelaide operates nine UPark off-street car parks with approximately 6,000 car parking spaces.
Download the free City of Adelaide Park Adelaide app to find parking spaces and make contactless payments on your smart device.
The Adelaide Convention Centre offers two undercover car parking options with our North Terrace and Riverbank car parks. The Riverbank car park is accessible from Morphett Street / Festival Drive.
Both car parks are located directly under the Centre and operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each is fitted with video surveillance camera systems and security patrols both areas.
Clearance is 2.0 metres and automated payment stations accept payment via card only (major credit cards, debit cards and mobile pay). Please note that our car parks can reach capacity early in the day during busy events.
*Early Bird rate available 7 days for entry between 5.30am-9.30am and exit between 2.30pm-6.30pm.
An additional $1.00 will be charged for each additional hour to a maximum of $33.00 over a 24-hour period.